CLOSING DATE: June 6, 2013
This position will serve as the Manager for Montgomery County's time and attendance operational unit in the Controller's Office of the Department of Finance. The position will also oversee the administration and help desk support of the County's time and attendance system, the MCtime system.
Specific duties include:
* Manage MCtime (Kronos), the main County application for processing time and attendance records; including coordinating and authorizing changes to the MCtime system configuration in cooperation with the Office of Human Resources (OHR), Department of Technology Services (DTS), Payroll Manager and ERP project team in response to changes in pay policies and practices as reflected in the Montgomery County Personnel Regulations and labor agreements.
* Perform periodic reviews of existing business processes and procedures, taking into account long range strategic implications, to determine whether improvements are warranted or certain processes and procedures need to be better documented; and provides the results of these reviews as input for upper-level management, to inform major policy decisions.
* Develop and maintain standard operating procedures related to MCTime business processes.
* Monitor and manage deliverables associated with any MCtime support contracts.
* Participate in meetings with OHR and other stakeholders that may have an impact on the MCtime application or associated business process.
* Provide high-level support to County departments addressing their specific needs including coordinating and/or performing research to resolve complex issues related to time and attendance and pay rules.
* Participate on the MCtime training team and provide direction and guidance to MCtime trainers. Assist in the development, review, maintenance and administration of MCtime related training materials and programs, including preparation of job aids and maintenance of training content on the MCtime web site.
* Working in a manner that anticipates issues and identifies solutions to mitigate risk, with a strong attention to detail.
The employee must possess strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills and must be able to deal tactfully and equitably with people.
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.