Closing Date: May 21, 2013
The Montgomery County Police Department seeks two highly skilled and experienced managers for the positions of Manager III, Information Management and Technology Division (IMTD):
Deputy Director Network and Application Support
This position is responsible for the management, technical support and development of information and technology including implementation, maintenance and support of LAN and WAN operations, wireless communications, Microsoft Windows Servers and SQL, Microsoft Outlook, desktop and server operating systems, hardware and software support, customer service and the development and implementation of new technical initiatives to support law enforcement.
Deputy Director Field Support (Mobile)
This position is responsible for the Mobile Data Computers and 800 MHz Radio Systems of the Information Management and Technology Division, including maintenance and support of wireless communications, mobile hardware and software support, Microsoft SQL servers, customer service and the development and implementation of new technical initiatives to support County law enforcement.
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
Resume must include information specific to the preferred criteria listed below. Make sure that your resume references your knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the preferred criteria. Ideally, the preferred criteria should be addressed in a separate section in your resume. The system only allows for one document to be submitted so your preferred criteria must be part of the resume.
The selection process for this position will include an evaluation of core leadership competencies such as Customer Service Orientation; Commitment to Diversity; Communication and Persuasion Skills; Teamwork, Cooperation, and Collaboration; and, Balanced Risk Taking and Innovation.
- Experience with principles and practices of contract administration, budget, financial management, and human resources management.
- Experience planning, directing and supervising the work of one or more organizational units, including subordinate supervisory, professional, administrative, labor/trade personnel.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and supporting law enforcement technical and information systems to include: video systems, MDCs and applications, license plate readers, mobile AFIS and Public Safety Communications Systems, networks, wireless communications, supporting related hardware, software, communications interfaces, applications including backend servers, and Microsoft Windows server Operating Systems.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with officials, managers, employees and the public.
- Experience making decisions and solving problems, providing oral communications (such as giving presentations and speaking to multiple audiences) and written communication (like reports, proposals) in order to develop defenses and justifications for recommended course of action to gain compliance, cooperation, work integration and/or understanding outside the immediate organization.
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and support of technical and information systems to include: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Active Directory, VPN, Exchange Servers, Microsoft SMS, Cloud computing, Microsoft SQL, and Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
All applicants will be reviewed by OHR to determine whether or not they meet minimum qualifications for the position. All applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be reviewed and rated by subject matter experts based on the Preferred Criteria. Based on the results of Preferred Criteria evaluation, applicants will be rated and placed on the Eligible List as either "Qualified" or "Well Qualified." The highest rated applicants will be placed on the Eligible List and may be considered for interview. Employees meeting minimum qualifications who are same grade or higher will be placed on Eligible List as a "Transfer" candidate and may be considered for interview. Note: In the event there are 5 or less minimally qualified candidates, all will be placed on the Eligible List as Qualified and will be interviewed.